A couple of years ago my sister and brother-in-law went on a cruise. B and I stayed at their house to take care of their one year old daughter. My sister left us a large, printed document with detailed instructions on how to care for her baby. She also called us every day to see how things were. She was tearful when they left, and I wondered if she'd miss her little girl too much to enjoy the trip. At the time I scoffed a bit at all these precautions. I thought, "Good grief, Rachel! I can handle this. I was changing diapers when you were born!"(Okay, not really. I am only three years older than she is. ;) Now, B and I are planning to go to Denver and leave J in Idaho with his grandma and aunt. I find myself worrying about how he will fare, and planning to type up a detailed document on how to best care for him. I know I will feel sad when we leave, and I hope I can enjoy the trip...This is only one of the few experiences where becoming a mom has caused me to "eat my words." Sigh.
1 comment:
Amazing how something so little and helpless can bring out the hidden neuroses, don't you think?
Post a Comment