I really enjoyed going to WorldCon in Denver with B. I think I will have to write several posts on my reactions to it, because I have various thoughts on various topics running around in my brain that I want to explore. I wouldn't consider myself a Fan with a capital f. This was my first convention-unless you count the time when we were engaged and B got the Conduit people in Salt Lake to let me in free so I could hang out with him and go to his panel. I have been reading fantasy-and a little SciFi-for years, but mostly YA. The really famous authors at this convention were known only by name to me. I haven't yet read anything by Bujold, or Silverberg or Haldeman. I don't think fandom is in my nature. I've never written a letter to an author. Even in junior high school I didn't go ga-ga over boy bands. I never put posters of musicians or movie stars on my walls or in my locker. I surprised myself at this con, though. I managed to go all squee-ish (at least mentally) over meeting Patricia Wrede, Michelle West, and the Foglios, who write and illustrate Girl Genius. (I took pictures, I asked for signatures in my books, I gushed.) Maybe there is a little bit of fan girl in me after all.
1 comment:
Whatever. Based upon your choice of spouse, I'd call you the ULTIMATE fangirl, HA HA HA!!
Post a Comment