Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Future(istic) Baby-Friendly house

will also have baby generated power. Put the child in a hamster wheel-like structure, put something he wants in front of him, and let him go. Then, enjoy the energy.


I've also decided that babies need to be protected from not just walls, but all sharp corners. (J has yet another bump on his head after smacking into the corner of a chair ; ) So, for my futur(istic) baby-friendly house I will commission a special kind of paint which can be brushed on the edges of walls, tables, chairs, or anything potentially baby unfriendly. Of course, it will be virtually undetectable in order not to spoil the decor. Said undetectable paint will be able to sense impact of a certain magnitude. (Of course, you'll be able to buy the paint in different strengths according to your baby's age and bruise-ability.) Upon said impact, said paint will momentarily change the structure of said sharp corner. A wicked table edge, when bumped, will become soft and giving for just a few seconds-then fade slowly back to it's original solid state.

It is fun to come up with crazy gadgets-especially when they are completely imaginary and I don't have to make them plausible. This whole baby friendly house idea has caused me many musings about mothers' desires to protect their children, and how at some point protection becomes overprotection, which can hinder the child's growth. My musings have been very deep, philosophical and insightful. However, I'm not feeling deep, philosophical or insightful right now. So rather than recording my musings here, I will add this. Very clever, eh?

3 comments:

Libby said...

Let me know when you've perfected your design (and find someone to build it). I'd be happy to have a prototype, as well. :)

Kerri said...

Just one question, what kind of cleaning solution do you saturate your baby in before using the baby mop?

Pemblemily said...

A solution of vinegar and water is recommended as it is non toxic yet still effective. ;)