Thursday, November 6, 2008

Note to Self

Next time I think I am hungry enough to resort to fast food, I must remember how REVOLTING I find it. Ads make it look so appetizing...


but I am always disappointed when I actually get my meal.


Unlike asparagus. . .which is also revolting. . .



fast food doesn't even have the advantage of being good for you!

3 comments:

Faith said...

Food styling and photography is definitely an art AND a science. The tricks they use to make the food look good are amazing.

I think asparagus is an acquired taste. N's family grew up with it while mine did not. I like it roasted with balsamic vinegar now though.

Tech Geek said...

Well, just to give you something positive to balance out all of the McDonalds, etc out there... There is a new "fast food" restaurant up here in SLC that tries to be fast and healthy (they even have a drive-through!). They don't fry anything and use fresh, locally grown foods whenever possible... It is called au naturale, http://www.goaunaturale.com/ It is tasty, but, sadly, not cheap.

And, in a book I read this summer, it talked about how most people don't like asparagus because it starts getting bitter somewhat shortly after it is picked, and most people do not usually eat it until a day or more after picking, so many people don't like it much. So to really enjoy asparagus, you need to eat it freshly picked, in season (and apparently its natural time of harvest is a pretty short window). But, since I did not have access to freshly picked asparagus this summer, I cannot vouch for the truth of this statement... :-)

Pemblemily said...

Hm-I'll have to try freshly picked asparagus some time.