Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

We decorated our house for Christmas a while ago, but I finally downloaded some pictures to post. Though it isn't very extensive, We're enjoying the change in decor. J shows this by trying to rip the ornaments off the tree any time he gets close to it. ;) We opted to use our little artificial tree this year so that we could barricade it in the corner. I bought this tree at Walmart in Evanston, Wyoming in December of 2000 when I was teaching school in Lyman. Most of the decorations I had were cheap, old, and shabby, so I bought some cheap, new and shiny ones to replace them. It was fun to look for tiny ornaments to fit our tiny tree. B used his artistic eye to make sure everything was pleasingly arranged.










We now have a Little Town of Bethlehem and a Snow Village, courtesy of Department 56, and B's mom.











We don't have a fireplace, so our "stockings are hung near the heat vent with care, although we know Saint Nick just can't fit through there."









I have been listening to all kinds of Christmas music. I plugged my computer into some speakers so I could go online and use Pandora. (Anyone who doesn't know about this site should check it out. It is way cool.)

I didn't realize what a rough time with post partem depression I was having last Christmas season until this year came around. I find I want to celebrate doubly because I feel so much better than I did this time last year. Hooray for Christmas! Hooray for healing! Hooray for Christ who makes both possible.

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

Nice job on the decorations! I usually get out all of our fun snowmen decorations, but this year we stuck with a tree and called it good. And we only did that for the sake of Kinley and Tanner, LOL! And i'm so glad you are having a great holiday season this year! You deserve it!