Friday, March 6, 2009
Ouch!
Yesterday I went to the dentist. Well, technically the endodontist. He made an incision in my gum tissue, drilled two holes in my jaw bone, and pulled out the infected roots of the tooth that have been causing me such pain for months. Luckily, he gave me several shots of numbing stuff first! I couldn't feel any pain, although it was still not a pleasant process. After taking care of the infection, he cleaned out the root canals, filled them with stuff, and sewed me back up. I now have a swollen jaw, and a supply of Lortab to keep me from feeling too much pain because the numbing stuff wore off long ago. The good news is, I get to do the whole thing again in two weeks on another tooth. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds absolutely miserable! Hopefully when it is all said and done (the other tooth too), all the pain will be gone. Let me know if you need anything at all!
Emily! This must have been AFTER I saw you at the bus stop. It sounds excrutiating! Is it better yet???
Ouch! I feel for you. Aren't you glad you didn't have to have it don it Bolivia? I remember meeting a dentist at a door approached. He politely listened to me and then asked to take a look at my teeth. I sat in his archaic dental chair while he ooed and awed at my fillings. I felt so much patriotism for my country and it's wealth of knowledge that day.
So sorry to hear about your tooth troubles. I hate tooth pain because it seems so hard to escape or ignore. I hope you have speedy recoveries.
Post a Comment