Sunday, May 17, 2009
Wheely Bug
Joel got a Wheely Bug for Christmas. It took him a little while to get the hang of it, but he now spends quite a bit of time zipping around the house on this ingenious contraption. It is a simple, sturdy toy made by a company named Prince Lionheart. One of the best things about it is that the wheels are castors, like you find on office chairs, so the bug can go in any direction. Joel loves his bug, but he is often a little rough on the things he loves. One day, after Joel had picked up the Wheely Bug and dropped it to the floor several times, one of the plastic castors shattered. Tragedy! Joel couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him ride it, but with three wheels and one screw sticking down like a peg leg, I thought it was too dangerous-both for Joel and for my kitchen floor. Imagine my delight when I was able to go online to the manyfacturer's website, and order a replacement wheel for a couple of bucks. Once it came in the mail, I attached it myself, and now we're back in Wheely Bug business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are adorable. And I'm glad to know that they have good customer service. It's so frustrating when a toy breaks and you can't get it fixed.
Hallelujah, don't you just love the wonders of the internet? Saved a little boys favorite bug.
So cute! I have never heard of a wheely bug, but I think I better look into this. Hm. Something George might like.
Post a Comment