I think grandparents select gifts for their grandchildren to get back at their own children for all the trouble caused while growing up. Grandparents all over the country must collaborate to let each other know about the most obnoxious, battery operated, lights flashing, incessant music playing toys in existance, and these are the kinds of things they choose to give to their grandchildren. My mom has all but admitted that such a conspiracy exists! Of course, I could always take out the batteries, or disconnect the sound box...or smash the thing with a hammer. Unfortunately, I am just as besotted with my children as are their gift giving grandparents. When Joel looks at me with his big blue eyes, holds up his firetruck, which has mysteriously ceased to flash and wail, and says "It's blokern. Mommy fix it, pleeeaaase!" I go to the store for another pack of AA's.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Blokern=Broken
I think grandparents select gifts for their grandchildren to get back at their own children for all the trouble caused while growing up. Grandparents all over the country must collaborate to let each other know about the most obnoxious, battery operated, lights flashing, incessant music playing toys in existance, and these are the kinds of things they choose to give to their grandchildren. My mom has all but admitted that such a conspiracy exists! Of course, I could always take out the batteries, or disconnect the sound box...or smash the thing with a hammer. Unfortunately, I am just as besotted with my children as are their gift giving grandparents. When Joel looks at me with his big blue eyes, holds up his firetruck, which has mysteriously ceased to flash and wail, and says "It's blokern. Mommy fix it, pleeeaaase!" I go to the store for another pack of AA's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree! I'm a softie too. Fortunately I've gotten pretty good at just tuning it out. Sigh.
Post a Comment