Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning

My mom had something she would often say when we were kids: A place for everything, and everything in it's place. It used to drive us nuts because, of course, it was usually followed by firm instructions about cleaning up our rooms. Many times since then I have seen the value of such advice. I've come to really enjoy organizing to make places for things. I don't always like putting things in their places quite as well, but I feel much more at peace in a tidy environment, so I do it. Recently I've realized that there are too few places for all the things in our home. B and I were both 30 when we married, and had accumulated quite a bit of stuff in our single lives. Adding all that comes with a business and a baby, and you have a lot of stuff! It is time for some of it to go. I often feel like "Spring cleaning" in April or May, I've discovered. I have begun this year with a "grand tossing-out" of stuff we don't need in order to make places for the stuff we actually use. J reminds me that I just have to take this project in small bites rather than diving in like I am want to do.

No comments: