People are like cut gems in that they have facets.I've found that spending time with many different people who are not similar to yourself allows you to develop distinct facets of your own character. Some of my friends bring out my silly side. Others cause me to reflect and philosophize. I do many more athletic activities when hanging out with certain people. With others I focus on music, or cooking or books. In any case, I am more likely to be a multifaceted person because of the interactions I have.
I've also learned that I should be careful about the judgments I make. I may think someone is shallow, or dull, or weird, but inevitably once I get to know that person better, I find that I was only seeing one side of them. They have other facets which make their personality rich and varied and interesting, and different than I first thought.
3 comments:
Agreed, agreed.
You are a real gem yourself. :) The very best kind.
Gee, thanks, Sheila! ;)
Post a Comment