Sunday, January 25, 2009

Movies I watched in 2009



We got a three month Netflix subscription from Brandon's family for Christmas. It has been fun to go on the site and choose movies we want to see, then have them show up in the mail. So far this year we've watched:

Miss Potter - Well made, very fun to watch.
Better Off Dead - I'd never seen it. WEIRD but amusing. It was one of Brandon's faves as a teen.
Rocky - Brandon had never seen it. We both enjoyed it, although the 70's music made us laugh.
27 Dresses - It was okay. I watched this by myself...not that Brandon won't watch chick flicks with me, but he wasn't home when I used it as motivation to fold the laundry.
The Golden Compass - We found it boring and turned it off.
Hoosiers-okay. We're not that into sports flicks
Juno-Thought provoking and well done.
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum-Comedy tonight!
Spanglish-Interesting, but more objectionable content than I remembered
Cold Comfort Farm-Hilarious and delightful
Supersize Me-Gross in a fascinating kind of way
Up!-Sweet and very fun. (theater)
Star Trek-Awesome! (theater)

1 comment:

Tech Geek said...

Em, how had you never seen Better Off Dead before?! I can't believe we never watched it when we lived together, it is one of the few movies I like to watch every couple years and can actually quote... It is an 80's classic! :-)