
I bought some reusable shopping bags at the store the other day. I'm ashamed to say, though, that this act was motivated more by selfishness than concern for the environment. I've always just disliked having having wads and mounds of plastic shopping bags around. My reusable bags are sturdy, hold plenty of groceries, and have long handles. Now I just have to develop the habit of taking them into the store with me...
I am not at all opposed to "living green." I like to feel like I'm doing my part to help the environment. We pay a monthly fee to recycle aluminum and plastic. (Which reminds me-tomorrow is garbage day. I'll have to remember to put the cans out by the street, as B is not here to do it.) However, I find that if something is better for the environment, but takes too much trouble or money, I am unwilling to do it. I would say that on the scale of green I am just a pale mint shade. However, there are people who are a bright glaring neon green, which I find both impractical and obnoxious. I would like to work towards becoming a deep, healthy forest color.
4 comments:
My sister just bought some too. Does your grocery store give you a discount for using them? My sister's does. I think it's $.06 a bag.
So I have a bad habit of collecting those bags: I have ones from Target, Home Depot, and Trader Joe's. But if you ask me how many times I actually remember to bring them with me...well, it's embarrassing.
But your post has motivated me to do better. :)
LOL, that's funny! You hit it right on the head for me!
Keep trying - it gets easier to remember them. I like your idea of putting them in the passenger side.
Post a Comment