If I had a rock band I would name it "Forgotten Laundry." Those two words together just sound cool to me for some reason. Try saying them aloud. See? don't you think they sound cool? Okay, maybe no one else gets the same kick out of it that I do. I am a word nerd! Band names always interest me. They are usually catchy, fun to say, and make me wonder about their history. Take Death Cab For Cutie, for example. Did you know that the band is named after a 1967 song, which was most likely taken from the title of an old pulp fiction crime magazine? (I'm not as smart as I seem; I looked it up on Wikipedia.) So hey, if an indie rock band can call themselves something wacky like Death Cab For Cutie, why couldn't I name my imaginary band Forgotten Laundry? I'm sure my band would be a big hit among homemakers all over the world. We could come up with all kinds of ridiculous laundry-like puns to use as slogans on swag and such. *smirky grin* My own forgotten laundry story, however, is not nearly so funny. Here's what happened:
A couple of days ago I put a load of clothes in the washing machine. I started it, then forgot all about my laundry until the next morning. By that time the clothes smelled damp, musty and mildewish. There was nothing for it but to add more soap and start the wash cycle again-with HOT water this time. I remembered to transfer the clothes to the dryer, and even folded and put them away. Yesterday I put a load of towels in the washing machine and started it. You guessed it! I forgot all about them until this morning. Once again I had to re-wash the load. I almost forgot about them AGAIN, but remembered at 8 PM tonight and threw them into the dryer. This is not a confession of slovenly housekeeping habits-I am usually fairly good at keeping up with laundry-but an indication of how busy we've been lately!
1 comment:
Been there... been there...
Post a Comment