Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to J!

One year ago today our Jbaby was born.

We knew his daddy would have to be out of town this year, so we celebrated J's first birthday early. My family came over to open presents and watch J destroy-I mean-enjoy

this beautiful cake created by the talented Lisa.



Then, a week later we celebrated again when B's family came into town.

This time I made the cake, and it was not so beautiful, but J seemed to enjoy it just as much.

I figured two cakes were enough for any kid, so we are not eating any cake today, even though it is his actual birthday...unless you count pumpkin pancakes. (More about them later.)

It has been so fun to get to know this little boy and watch his personality develop. B and I are glad to be his parents.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Happy Birthday J!! 1 year is quite a milestone, for baby AND parents! He is so cute. I hope we get to meet him in person sometime soon.

Alison Roberts said...

What a sweet boy, I've been wondering if you were a mother now. Welcome to Motherhood!