Monday, October 13, 2008

Flying (Grudgingly)

I've been feeling frustrated with clutter for quite some time now. I finally broke down and tried out Fly Lady, which several friends had recommended to me. The fact that so many people were telling me that I "just had to try this" made me reluctant to check it out. I know-I'm stubborn like that. Still, I signed up. I must say that sometimes the purple and pink theme and cheesy names for things (super fling boogie? rubba scrubba?) make me roll my eyes, but the concepts of doing projects a little at a time, and creating habits to help you stay organized are exactly what I need. The daily flood of email can be overwhelming, but the messages are so positive that I have to smile. The other day I gave in and shined my sink.

The big challenge now is to get rid of all the stuff we have around that we don't use and don't need.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hmm...I hadn't heard of that web site, but it looks intriguing. I have the hardest time keeping up with clutter and maintaining a good cleaning routine...probably because I end up spending most of my free time reading blogs. ;)

Good luck with the program. If you like it, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Kerri said...

Too bad I don't get paid for all the time I spend cleaning & tidying up. What's your favorite fly lady trick you've learned?

Megan B ♥ said...

I really like Fly Lady, when I'm focused. I'm not at the moment. At all. But you knew that :) I have the book she wrote. I MUCH MUCH prefer it over the flood of daily annoying emails. You're welcome to borrow it if you'd like. It's the one called "Sink Reflections". And NICE SINK!!!! I have a picture like that on my blog somewhere :)